Laser Hair Removal Facts
1. What lasers do you use for hair removal, which one is best for my skin, and why? The doctor, nurse or technician should be able to articulate why a particular laser is the best match for you taking into account your skin tone, hair texture, and color and any potential complications.
2. How many laser hair removal treatments have you performed? The best way to gauge a person’s experience level is to know the level of expertise; therefore the answer should be at least a few hundred.
3. How many sessions will I need? The average number of visits necessary to see permanent hair result is four to six; however some people respond well in two sessions, and others need more treatment sessions. That is why a package deal offered for laser hair removal is often more advantageous for the patients.
4. Can you be treated if you have a tan? If the answer is yes, head the other way and start walking. The only way to treat tanned skin without causing damage is to use such low settings that treatment wouldn’t be effective at all.
5. Can you be treated if you are on antibiotics? The answer is NO. Most antibiotics and some other medications are photosensitive. Treating skin while taking those types of medication can cause damage exactly as if you were tanned! You should be off those types of medication 10 to 14 days prior to getting a treatment.
Fun Facts About Laser Hair Removal:
Before laser hair removal began being used as a treatment for hair removal 20 years ago, electrolysis was the only way to get rid of those pesky, unwanted hairs forever. And electrolysis can be painful and time-consuming. The only other methods available today are temporary, and many of them are costly, painful and time-consuming.
Laser hair removal treatments don’t take as long as you might think. They’re actually quick sessions! Facial and bikini areas only take around 10 minutes each, while larger areas usually don’t take too much longer than a half hour.
The technology of laser hair removal machines has been constantly improved over the last 16 years. They are completely safe and will not affect your delicate skin. Come to Renova Laser Hair Removal & MedSpa where we use state-of-the-art and FDA-approved equipment.
Laser hair removal treatments not only remove your unwanted hair, they also make your skin smooth and soft. You get 2 huge benefits from just 1 treatment!
Laser hair removal treatments are completely safe when performed in a professional facility like ours by certified and well-trained technicians.
Laser hair removal is the most cost- and time-effective method of getting rid of unwanted hair for good. Once you finish your first treatment session, you won’t be nervous or embarrassed – you’ll simply be excited for your new hair-free and smooth skin. We promise! You’ll begin to see your hair thinning out in the treated areas with just 1 treatment. Every single treatment is valuable and important in the long run. With just one treatment all your hairs that are in their growth stage will be burned and damaged from the heat of the laser. This makes the hairs unable to grow back. Subsequent treatments damage more and more hair follicles as they enter their growth stages, until you are completely hair-free or the hair is significantly reduced.